Archive for the ‘news’ Category
- The instincts of pets often amaze me and this is no exception. (Huffington Post)
- Rub-a-dub-dub, you’re going to be taxed for putting your pet in a tub. (Washington Post)
- Groupon is barking up the right tree with this. (People Pets)
- He’s a Choo-Choo Charlie and a cat acccct. (Gothamist)
- So much goldfishes. (Rocket News 24)
Image: Renee V
I’m thinking of everyone in Hurricane Isaac territory. And, by everyone, I also mean your pets. Remember to get their ID tags ready, and to have an emergency kit that includes some food, water, and any required medication. Take it from Maru, who is always (and fashionably) prepared for natural disasters.
According to Florida’s Treasure Coast Palm newspaper:
If You Go, They Go! Disaster Planning for Pet Owners: This brochure covers topics including pet identification, determining whether you and your pets live in a surge zone, pet supplies needed if you must evacuate with your animals and how to create a pet first-aid kit. The information is also available at www.hsvb.org/emergency.asp.
Stay well, animals: human and otherwise!
Photo: Hurricane Ike pet preparation, PaulT_ on Flickr.
Maryland lawmakers have been debating the recent ruling that pit bulls and pit bull mixes are inherently dangerous in a special session of state legislature. What brought them out from their summer vacations into the state house? Gambling of course but they also added the pit bull ruling to their agenda. I work by the state house and my colleague and I have seen bully breeds and their owners congregating out front to show their support. The good news? The law has been changed. The bad news? It hasn’t been changed enough. Read the rest of this entry »
- I never understood how people, and now cats, made it out of the 70′s alive. (Jezebel)
- Yip it. Yip it good. (Vanity Fair)
- I’ve spoken with my dog and its Lick It List includes a trip to the Sizzler and the answer to what’s long and fluffy and wiggles right behind it. (People Pets)
- A little girl, an overgrown bunny and one persnickity semi-law. (Fox News)
- Hank the Cat gets his claws ready for his campaign. (Huffington Post)
Image: Thru Mikes Viewfinder