Archive for the ‘dogs’ Category
As summer winds down, I can’t get enough beach days in here on the East Coast. Luckily, the beach I love to kick it at the most allows dogs which only make the day better if you ask me. Therefore, this week the Etsy Herd rounds up coastal canines in honor of the dog days of Summer 2012. First up, for $20.00, Jennifer Burkin whips up a 12×12 print of her dog at the beach in three simple yet stunning colors.
There’s a great This American Life episode that talks about a judge in Florida who makes shoplifters return to the scene of the crime wearing a gigantic sign explaining, “I stole from this store.” Some people think it’s akin to cruel and unusual punishment, but it seems like it actually has prevented repeat offenders. Dogshaming reminds me of this method of punishment, but I’m afraid it doesn’t work the same for dogs as it does for people. Putting a sign around your pup’s neck to shame him/her probably won’t work to stop the offending behavior, but hey it’ll get a good laugh for you and everyone else.
- I never understood how people, and now cats, made it out of the 70′s alive. (Jezebel)
- Yip it. Yip it good. (Vanity Fair)
- I’ve spoken with my dog and its Lick It List includes a trip to the Sizzler and the answer to what’s long and fluffy and wiggles right behind it. (People Pets)
- A little girl, an overgrown bunny and one persnickity semi-law. (Fox News)
- Hank the Cat gets his claws ready for his campaign. (Huffington Post)
Image: Thru Mikes Viewfinder