Happy New Year! January 2 isn’t too late to start a new calendar for the year, so we’ve got a round-up of ten pet-celebrating places to mark your appointments and achievements for 2013. As a bonus, you can get some of them on sale now!
1. Lil Bub: The past year was, in so many ways, the year of Lil Bub, the fantastically unique rescue kitten who took the world by storm in 2012. Celebrate Bub with this calendar, and feel good knowing your purchase will support Pets Alive Spay and Neuter Clinic.
2. How To Tell If Your Cat Is Plotting To Kill You: The safe bet is to assume that your cat is, in fact, preparing for your untimely demise at his or her hands. This calendar features artwork from the book of the same name by Matthew Inman, the man behind The Oatmeal.
3. Sakurako Shimizu posts adorable cat pics on Instagram, and now you can enjoy some of the same photos of cats Meme, Fuku, and Goma, among others, all year round with this calendar. I like the unique hanging-rectangle design.
4. Guinea Pig Games: The London Games are a few months in the past now, but that doesn’t mean you can’t celebrate the spirit of the Olympics…with guinea pigs. In case you thought the piggies were actually performing syncronized dives and other feats of athleticism, the selling blurb reminds you the calendar was created “using cleverly manipulated photography.”
5. French Bulldog: This adorable die-cut calendar is perfect for your desk–it won’t take up much space, and it’s exceedingly pleasant to look at. Plus, Frenchies!
6. Awkward Family Photos: If you’re like me and are endlessly amused by memes, you’ll love this calendar from the folks at Awkward Family Photos. And because this is a page-a-day desk calendar, you’ve got 365 gloriously uncomfortable photos to enjoy here. Wonder if that cover family knows Ikea Monkey?
7. Unlucky 13: This awesome silkscreen calendar from Little Friends of Printmaking has style and sass, with its graphic image of an angry black cat. It’s a great pick if you like cats but hate cute.
8. Folk-art planner: If you just can’t pick a favourite animal, rep a bunch of them with this folk-inspired wall calendar by illustrator Sara Pulver. Pulver’s whimsical illustrations feature cats, dogs, birds, and other animals.
9. French Bulldog printable: Can you tell that I like French Bulldogs? This calendar lets you enjoy a little DIY, as it comes in the form of a printable PDF you can customize with your preferred size and paper.
10. Custom illustrated poster: And finally, if you really want to treat yourself, spring for this beautiful custom calendar. Sure, it’s expensive, but I have a feeling you’d get a lot of joy from these customized images featuring your family–including your own pets–for years to come.
Photos from Lil Bub, Amazon.ca, FGMstore, RSPCA, Paper Source, Calendars.com, Little Friends of Printmaking, 3crows, Nice Mice For You, Chicks n Hens