This was a banner year for my family–I found out that I was pregnant in the first week of January 2012, and my first child, Ezra, was born in September. It was big in other ways too, though. We moved to a new apartment, and our cats seem to enjoy having a bit of extra space and some new hiding spots to discover. I started a new job at the beginning of the year as well. Things have been busy here in Toronto!
All through it, I kept up with posting on Pawesome, and I’m glad I did–I always enjoy writing and reading the posts, and I love being a part of a site that I am genuinely proud of. At Pawesome we cover the whole gamut of the animal’s lovers’ interests, from serious topics like animal abuse to fun ones like great new pet products. We’re a one-stop shop for pet information and I’m sure that will continue in 2013.
My list of my favourite posts in 2012 includes a couple of my own, and some from Pawesome’s other great contributors. Here’s to another awesome–pawesome!–year in 2013!
- I always enjoy our “Hello My Name Is…” posts, but of course the one featuring one of my own cats, Willy, is my favourite so far.
- I have never met a meme I didn’t like, and this really excited corgi was no exception.
- Famous internet cats are another of my interests–I am such a cat lady–and Lil Bub was the star in that category this year.
- I’ve got portraits of our two cats, done by FURFACE, on my wish list for 2013.
- Dogs and cats are amazing creatures, as this post about how pets can help autistic kids shows.
Photo by Terri Coles